Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Life lately..


 Life lately has been great! And exhausting.. But still great:) Levi is 3 weeks old and just as precious as he could be! He is nursing every 3 hours and has even given me a few 5-6 hour stretches at night:) He has finally shown us that he does indeed have a voice and likes to get loud and holler sometimes! Whenever he cries, all 4 of the other kids run to him saying "shhh!", sing him a song, shove him his passy, or cover him with kisses:) they adore him! He is quite the spitter, has some wild, crazy hair, big juicy lips and has some of the cutest dimples that you have ever seen!! He has alsos found his thumb and may be Miley's little twinkie:)
 Adalyn is quite cute with her baby brother. She lovingly calls him "bebe" while kissing and patting his head. As soon as we acknowledge her sweetness to Levi, she walks away SO proud and with the biggest smile on her face. She is 15 months old already, and I am LOVING this stage with her. A few days after Levi was born, she walked around the house whining and crying for no apparent reason.. It was awful and totally fried my nerves! But now she is back to her sweet, chubby, sweetie pie self:) weighing in at 25 1/2 lbs.. She is no light weight! I am surprised my arms still have any flab left on them.. I should be ripped from carrying her around:) ha! She still takes 2 naps a day and sleeps 12-13 hours at night. We are so thankful for good sleeping babies! However, adalyn likes to be in bed at 7pm Every.Single.Night! That isn't always conducive for us, so we have witnessed our sweet 4th born turn into a bear when we push our limits with her bedtime. She is a big eater (obviously), and is thoroughly enjoying the fruits of summertime! She LOVES watermelon, strawberries, peaches, grapes.. You name it! she also has a new found love of toothbrushes. At any given moment, you can find her in our bathroom drawers looking for toothbrushes that she can swipe:) I laugh how every time she catches us watching her, she takes off running. Surprisingly, those chubby legs can move:)
Miley is the same ol' Miley. Cute as a button and as sassy as ever! When I picked her up from nursery on sunday, I hugged her and told her I missed her. She barely acknowledged me as she chomped on her lollipop, then decided to say to me, "well, I didn't miss you!!" sweet thing.. she also informed me while I was getting out of the shower one day that my "belly was kinda not big anymore!" that girl.. always the encourager:) Too bad she is so darn cute, I don't think she would be so easily forgiven if not!! ha!
Josiah is precious.. (as they all are!) but, he has been such a breath of fresh air for me these past few weeks! Such an easy going guy who rarely complains and is ALWAYS giving some compliments. He notices when we change our hairstyles, toe nail polish color, or have a new outfit on and will always tell his sisters or myself how "beau-ful" we are:) He wants to be just like his daddy and would kiss Levi all day long if he could!
 Ella Kate is a great big sister. She is a little too rough and sneaky for my comfort, but if i give her a "job", then she will do it 110%!! For instance, she asked if she could clean all of the windows in the house one day... umm, OF COURSE YOU CAN!! she was thrilled that I said yes, and couldn't wait to get started. an ENTIRE box of baby wipes later, my windows were clean... and a tad bit streaky, but she was so proud!! she also LOVES to wash dishes and is elated when I ask her to "babysit" Adalyn when I need to hop in the shower. She is super picky about her hair these days, and has lost all interest in wearing dresses. She begs to wear shorts or jeans everyday with a side ponytail or messy bun with NO hair bow. ((tear)) I chose my battles with her these days... but I also remind her that she is 5 and I am the mom:)
We had VBS last week and the kids and I made it every day. I think it was wednesday when Ella Kate pulled out 2 quarters, a dime and a few pennies. With the biggest smile on her face, she told me, "momma, I think I'm gonna buy me a VBS t-shirt today with my money!" It was the sweetest thing! However, the t-shirts were $10 and I didn't have any cash on me... nor did I have a checkbook to help pay the difference. Thankfully, Poppa was there and he bought them all their own shirts and they have worn them almost everyday since:)

No comments:

Post a Comment