Friday, June 8, 2012

Levi Nicholas is here.... Finally:)

Our sweet 5th born made his debut on Thursday, May 24th at 12:38pm weighing 8lb 5oz and 21in long! I can't believe he is finally here.. And the days keep flying by too quickly. I also can't believe he is 2 weeks old already! Why is it that time crawls by during those last few weeks of pregnancy, then as soon as you have a baby, you blink once and they are a year old?!?! But, this hormonal momma can't linger on that subject for too long... I am already wanting another one and am having the hardest time thinking that Levi might just be the last Davis baby:( he has been the sweetest addition to our family and we all love him to pieces! Bill keeps forgetting that we have a new baby because he is so sweet, content and quiet! He hasn't even really cried yet.. We are so blessed!
The kids are so in love with Levi and are constantly asking to hold him, sing to him, kiss him.. you name it:) I want to share his birthing details so i can always look back and remember his special day. After 7 weeks of bed rest, steroid shots, and 2 trips to the hospital to stop preterm labor.. we actually had to be induced! imagine that:) Bill and I came to the hospital wednesday night the 23rd and was given cervidil. This was my first experience with it and it wasn't bad at all! Our nurse was amazing and so sweet.. she gave me an ambien to help me sleep some through the cramps, and let me just say that those pills are heavenly:) Bill and I had a relaxful evening that night.. talking about Levi and what he might look like, watching tv, and missing the other kids like crazy! i actually cried on the way to the hospital, because i knew i would be missing my babies so much.. and i had never left Adalyn before. She was with my mom and Ella Kate and I knew that she was totally fine and was getting plenty of lovin'.. but it was still so hard to leave her! Lauren had Miley and Josiah and they were so excited to spend time with YaYa, that I don't think that I was even given a good-bye hug from them:) I had a corn dog, french fries and a payday candy bar as my "last meal", and i dozed off to dream land. They started the pitocin at 6am the next morning, broke my water at 8am, got an epidural around 10am and he was here shortly after noon:) My daytime delivery nurse was the complete opposite of our night time nurse we had just had. She was loud, rough and straight to-the-point. once, while I was pushing she popped my leg and told me that I wasn't going to have a baby pushing like that and I needed to push harder! It was hard for me to push because my epidural didn't completely numb me and I was feeling some pain.. so I told my doctor that I could feel everything and the nurse piped in and told me that I didn't feel pain, it was just pressure. Bill snapped back and told her that this was our 5th kid and I knew the difference between pain and pressure. I have had 3 babies where I felt absolutely nothing and it was marvelous!! However with Ella Kate and Levi, (my biggest babies), I could feel their birth and I really didn't want to. The good thing is, is that he came out so fast and so it was over soon! Levi came out face first and i remember his head being a little disfigured.. but he was still so perfect! It never ceases to amaze me how much you can love someone that you just met!! We are so blessed!



The rest of the day is kind of a blur.. the kids came up to the hospital to see him with my mom and sisters and we had some of our friends come in and out, but I honestly can't remember the rest. However, I can remember every single detail of that night. It involved horrific cramps, a UTI and very little sleep... Delirious was my state of mind for the next day or so... and even now that we are 2 weeks out, I am still a little crazy:) I don't ever remember being this tired with my other babies. Levi is such a sweet baby and is eating every 3 hours just like my other ones did..  I am still so pooped! Bill was back to work almost immediately so it is hard being up with the baby at night and then up all day with the other kids... I need to do better at taking cat naps. I have probably taken maybe 4 naps since he was born.. but it is hard to rest when you have laundry to do, lunches to fix, beds to make, boo-boos to kiss, books to read, fights to break up and a baby to nurse... but this is my life and I LOVE it! I am sure I will miss these days when they're gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment