Wednesday, June 15, 2011

army cars and bad guys..

on the way home from vbs this afternoon, we saw a train of military vehicles driving down the road. the kids got excited and immediately wanted to know what they were. i told them that i thought they were army cars. ella kate then asked me what did army people do. i honestly had no clue what/how to explain this to my 4, 3 and 2 year old. so i said the first thing that popped into my head.

me:"ummm, they are here to keep us safe and protect us from the bad guys." ?!?

ek: "huh?? you mean there are bad guys in this world?!?" such sweet innocence.. i love it!

me: "yes.. there are bad guys everywhere!"

ek: "well, what are there names?"

me: "uhhh, i am not really sure what there names are."

ek: "ohhh.... i know a bad guy!! and his name is....... barabbas!!"

me: (trying not to laugh) "yep! barabbas was a bad guy!"

ek: "and i know another bad guy, too! ...... the grinch!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment